Michael O’Brien’s Super 25 high school football rankings for Week 6
Joliet Catholic, Lake Zurich and Oswego were the only three ranked teams that lost out this week against unranked teams; Joliet Catholic won by 3 goals while Lake Zurich fell by 0.
That should make for an uncomplicated Sunday, but after seeing several teams for the first time this weekend I nearly scrapped all current Super 25 rankings and started over completely! Be warned - something similar may happen next week.
At the end of it all, however, only minor shuffling occurred; IC Catholic made significant headway after defeating Marist.
Warren makes their return after beating Lake Zurich and adding two wins over Barrington and Maine South this year to their resume; their three opponents (Lake Zurich, Stevenson and Libertyville) boast combined records of 9-5! That speaks volumes.
Lincoln-Way West, Morris and Naperville Central all make their season debuts this week in our rankings.
Lincoln-Way West earned wins against Bolingbrook and Lincoln-Way Central during Week 5, before falling to 4-1 Belleville East for their only defeat of 2018.
Morris remains undefeated this season and has posted an incredible 225 point performance against just 63 allowed! It looks to remain undefeated.
Naperville Central of DuPage Valley has emerged as the team of note. After defeating Neuqua Valley in Week 5, they face another test this Friday against Naperville North.
Week Six's Super 25, including records and rankings from Week 5.
Mount Carmel went 5-0 at home Friday against No. 20 Brother Rice High.
2. Loyola (14-0) will play at St. Rita this Friday for its fifth win of the season; Lincoln-Way East (3-0-0) faces Lockport this Friday; York is undefeated, facing Downers Grove North at 18 on Friday as its seventh consecutive opponent.
5. Batavia (4-1) 5 on Friday at No. 10 Geneva is next, then Maine South (4-1 1) at Glenbrook North is also up next, Prairie Ridge is currently unbeaten after defeating Dundee-Crown 7-0 with 7 goals scored against them, Kankakee 8th at Rich, Barrington 9th versus Schaumburg 10, Geneva (5-0) 10 against Batavia (51) and Hersey (5-0) 11.
Friday vs No 19 Prospect
12. St. Rita (4-1) will play No. 2 Loyola Friday for their 12th matchup of the year at St. Rita (12). In other action this Friday at No. 2, St. Francis 18 and Palatine 13 all earned wins against Fremd in Fremd on Fremd Field. IC Catholic (5-0) won their 18th straight at St. Francis, Palatine 14 on Fremd field was 14 wins on Fremd field and Wheaton North 13 won at Wheaton-Warrenville South Field on Friday against Wheaton-Warrenville South for its 13th game this Friday afternoon against Wheaton-Warrenville South on March 2.
16. St. Charles North (3-3) will play at St. Charles East on Friday at 16.00.
17. Morgan Park (4-1) 17 (unbeaten) At Winnemac
18. Downers Grove North (5-0) takes on No. 4 York in 20 On Friday at 20 On Saturday Prospect (4-1) will play No. 11 Hersey on 20 On Saturday Brother Rice (3-2) takes on Mount Carmel
21-21-20-21 21-22-21-21 (3-2-3-1; Friday night against Mundelein); 22; Lincoln-Way West (4-1) on Friday at Stagg; 23
24. Sycamore (5-0), 24:00 hours of Saturday's match-up vs Kaneland;25 Morris is undefeated after their performance against Richmond-Burton yesterday afternoon and can win its match up this Friday with ease (NR,5-0).
What's Your Reaction?